If there is one thing Americans love, it is coffee. Coffee might not have been invented in America (that honor goes to Ethiopia), but it has become so well-loved here that making coffee has become, not just an art form, but a way of life.
Americans are always on the lookout for the best, most efficient way to make great coffee. With this in mind, the Keurig set out to build a coffeemaker that was not just efficient, but allows users to make one cup of delicious coffee at a time using freshly ground coffee from over 75 of the world’s leading coffee brands.
The Keurig K575 Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker is a direct result of Keurig’s desire to create a great machine for making single servings of coffee. With the capability to create multiple different serving sizes and multiple brew strengths, this coffeemaker was built to please, not just the average coffee drinker, but those coffee drinkers who are looking for a little more excitement in their coffee as well.
In this review, we will take a look at the Keurig K575 Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker’s pros and cons according to its users. That way, you can decide whether or not to give it a place in your kitchen!
Product Description and Features
The Keurig K575 Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker comes with 6 K-Cup pods of coffee grounds and two filters (things that you will have to replace on a regular basis as you continue to use the machine). With an 80 ounce water reservoir, one can brew up to ten single-serve cups of coffee before having to refill the reservoir. It also has a removable drip tray so that you can have the coffee pour directly from the machine into your travel mug or thermos.
The Keurig K575 is designed to be compatible with several different K-Cup sizes ranging from 4 ounces to 12 ounces. It also has the capacity to make an entire Carafe of coffee, using K-Carafe pods. Carafes allow you to make enough coffee for several people, or to last you throughout the day.
Other features include variable temperature settings to allow you to heat your coffee to the exact temperature you prefer, as well as strength control settings that allow you to brew a bolder cup of coffee or a weaker one, depending on your preferences. It also has a large touch screen complete with digital clock allowing the user to clearly see their available options, and to know how much time is left to wait for their coffee.
Pros and Cons of Keurig K575 Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
As with every coffee maker, there are several pros and cons to Keurig’s K575 unit. Here is a list of users’ most frequent compliments and complaints.
- Quick – With brew times that last less than a minute, you can get your coffee fix fast!
- Easy to use – The large digital screen makes it easy to choose exactly what you want. With just a press of a few buttons, you can have the perfect cup of coffee.
- Temperature controls – Don’t love steaming hot coffee? This unit allows you to choose from five different temperature settings to suit your needs.
- Strength control – Not everyone loves a bold cup of coffee. The K575 allows the user to set his or her own brewing preferences, so you can have the taste you want.
- Large water reservoir – This is great for those of us who want the coffee, but not all the maintenance involved. With its 80 ounce reservoir, you only have to refill the water in your coffee machine after every ten cups of coffee.
- Various serving sizes – Although this coffee machine is listed as “single serve,” this is not strictly the case. Yes, you can make a single cup of coffee, but there are other various sizes available as well, up to and including a carafe, which can serve around five people.
- Compatible with a wide variety of coffee – Like other Keurig models, the K575 works using K-Cups and K-Karafes, which come in a huge array of flavors and coffee brands.
- Good taste – An overwhelming majority of reviewers on Amazon and other sites report that this machine makes a delicious cup of coffee.
- A bit pricey – Like most big-brand coffee machines, Keurig K575 Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker can be a bit expensive for those on a budget. You can find this model on Amazon for around $160.
- Works only with K-Cups and K-Carafes – Unlike traditional coffeemakers, this machine works only using K-Cup and K-Carafe brand coffee pods. This could be a drawback for coffee drinkers who prefer to buy one large bag of coffee grounds and make their own portions.
- First brew is slower than described – Several Keurig users have complained that the first cup of coffee brewed with this machine takes an average of three minutes, as compared to the one minute claimed by others. It is not clear whether this problem fixes itself as use increases.
- Possible fire hazard – It is not clear if this is due to user error or the machine itself, but at least one user has reported their unit caught on fire when not in use, due to the water heater not turning off.
- Chemical smell – A large amount of Amazon reviewers noted that the machine has an unpleasant “chemical” or “melted plastic” odor that appears to get worse as the machine heats up. Some reported that the smell went away with time, while others said that it got worse.
At the time of this writing, the Keurig K575 Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker has almost 1700 reviews on Amazon, and almost 70 percent of them are positive. Users love the ease and convenience of the machine, as well as the taste of the coffee that it produces. According to a note from Amazon on the product listing, it has an extremely low return rate, and is one of the most popular items in the coffee category.
It is important though, to take the possible cons of this machine into account as well. Several of the cons like the overheating issue could be due to user error or a misreading of the instruction manual, but it would be in the buyer’s best interest to weigh these negatives alongside the lengthy list of positives. The most common complaint was the chemical odor, but, as some users said, this may pass with time and proper cleaning of the machine.
What do you think about Keurig K575 Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker? Are you going to bring it home to your kitchen? Let us know in the comments!
Be sure to check out our list of the best coffees of 2018 as well!